Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tune in My Head

Raise us up Dearest G*d so we can be close to you!
In your praise, we can pour out our hearts and every word will be true.
The universe has no empty place for your prescence fills it!
You can redeem with miracles any event, all time is present to you yet
If Israel lives the covenant, holiness can flood the universe. Meaning is reavealed in the doing of Mitzvot.
Holy, Holy, Holy G*d I chant after each blessing of the Amidah.
Blessed, Blessed, Blessed G*d of Sinai, G*d of the Prophets, G*d of the World to Come!!
All our best can not grasp, only your lovingkindess and angelic hebrew revealed something of your design to us.
How can I not burn out contemplating heaven except that its fire is never consumed.
All the stories of Bereshit and of Moshe's life, All the laws of Vayikra given to every individual to better if they can. Our lives complete the Torah and it lights the world.
I believe in the four worlds. I believe that messangers ascend and descend. I believe our actions can rise up to purpose if they sanctify him. I believe in the exceptional beauty of Israels heritage. I reveal in the depth and passion of its history, its ethics, its metaphysics, and its poerty. My response to the liturgy is to devote my life to it. My response to the Torah is to embrace its sanctifing power. To marvel at its incomparablity and laugh at all that has tried to dispute its inmitigated truth. I believe in the words of Aleinu and long for every knee to bend. I cry that the world can imagine our social discourse should be neurotically free of religon. Man's nature is religious. His uniqueness is his ability to reflect. Sciene teaches that we can use this power to master nature. Maybe so but we could never master the author of nature. Science can not tell you why someone likes a painting. We have a soul. A part of ourselves that is one with G*d and we can not make it otherwise. I doubted this. I saw no need for it. I am conscious of how some manipulate it to bad ends. Yet there is and has been a community of faithful who know, by means other than reason alone, that there is something greater. Something we can not explain or decode. The L*rd our G*d, the basis and the meaning of all existence. I sing to him everyday in thanks and praise. So my life is full of his holiness. I realize that all that I have, do, and can do will only add up to the best possible life, if my actions strive to be G*d centered.
I think almost everyone has this realization but only the pious are freed from endless possiblities and achieve lives of complete holiness by the resulting force of conviction and dedication. These engender the manifestation of realities inaccessible except through faith. No matter what people argue about faith it is the only key to the lock holding us in ourselves waiting for the revealation.
Moshe is fully realized. From his birth to his death it isn't about him. He comes into a world and doesn't know who he really is until he is a grown man. His passions and his desire for truth lead him to discovery of self, of community, and then to be at the center of the most important events in human history.
I pray that I can study, daven, and exercise so that I am as strong as possible for my loved ones and my fellow man. I pray that my talents can provide for my family and allow me to be very charitible. I pray that we have good health and peace to enjoy it in. I pray that the world repent and turn to goodness. In G*d is our redemption. Amen.