Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Prayer of Hope

Last night I was cold and could not flee, The L*rd was my comfort Fear was a fever that struck me down but his messangers came to me With all my might I praise the Blessed One and the Unsearchable Holy Name Eternity is thy kingdom, Majestic G*d of Sinai Generation after Generation your righteous works fill your creation From thy open hand all the world is enacted; Happy are your Chassidim. Happy are those who sancturary is righteousness in the Law. Happy are we whose anscestor the L*rd called at Mt. Moriah Sing with joy to the Soul of Creation, to the G*d of Israel All that love him will be changed, all the unholy he will destroy Let the world bow down that they may be raised up The L*rd our G*d orders the seasons and the courses He would take away the darkness from your being if you but cling to the light To all that call to him the L*rd is truth, as all truth is his Go the way of truth for '' is is gracious and full of compassion. Implacable but slow to anger, the G*d of Abraham is a G*d of great mercy. Our Rabbenu attests that G*d alone matches the days of sorry to days of joy. Our Kings attested before all the people that the G*d of Torah is the G*d of our covenant. Live the Covenant or be but greedy monkeys. Your heart was made as an angel is made to serve the Holy King. Do not live that you but die in vain, let his praise be on your lips. Despair and loss are the tools of pride that make fools of men. All that we love is the L*rd's possession and only our souls are at stake. How many years did I doubt that in a single moment I did panic How many prayers have I known fulfilled that I take for granted. L*rd, I am tired of stamping straw into bricks. I am tired of sickness and humliation. Yet, I know that only you can part the Sea. Moreover, I know that at every instant each person is walking through the parted Sea. Thank you L*rd for holding back the waters, Thank you for every letter of Torah. Thank you L*rd for the love of good families, for establishing the work of our hands. Praise to you whose prescense fills creation with glory and purpose. Blessed art though G*d of all Blessing and Holiness. Without peer, without limitation, without flaw there is no other. Holy G*d of Israel blessed be thy name eternity on eternity.