Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fever Prayer

I am fire of fire, I create and I destroy. Oh L*rd give me balance, help me back to meaning. I was given what all men seek and I judged it not good enough. Oh L*rd restore my soul! I am the fool, I have leapt from the earth. Oh L*rd I praise you, thank you for your mercy You gave me what I needed, I squandered it in pride Oh L*rd heal me. I will live and die a man of Israel Oh L*rd refuge of the righteous, I turn to you. Return your exhiles, free jerusalem and the soul of the world Oh L*rd hear me in Egypt. I appeal to you for my fathers Abraham, Yitzak, and Yakov Oh L*rd give Israel to its Chassidim, Break the power of the arrogant as you broke me Oh L*rd my knee is bent. I am a singer of the Psalms, alone and sick Oh L*rd fill me with piety, sustain my loved ones Spare the faithful and crush the enemies of your Truth. Oh L*rd, Holy G*d there is no other. Blessed art though, eternity on eternity it is right we give you thanks and praise.